Sunday, June 15, 2008

My First Post on My First Blog

Okay. So, this is my first post. Can't believe I'm as old as I am (or as young as I am?), and have never blogged before. Hmmm...are you supposed to share your age on these things?

I've been thinking about creating a blog for some time, and after crying my eyes out in church this morning~over any number of things~I decided on the way home that today was the day to set it up. I imagine blogging can be very cathartic. And I am in the need of some catharsis right now.

I'm still debating whether I should share this address with anybody or not. I want to feel free to post what comes to mind, but something inside me says it would be prudent to hold back. Or at least hold some things back. After all, this is a public forum. I'll guess we'll see how this develops.

I suppose before I sign off that I should explain my blog name. The last chapter of Proverbs, chapter 31, discusses the virtues of a Godly woman. There are many, and I fall way short in most areas, but I like the description of the woman presented in that chapter. My goal is to be that kind of woman. It is hard. Life seems hard right now. But when I am called to account for my life, I want to have lived a life like this.

No comments: