Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The finger grab

We took a trip to the beach this weekend. It was a fun vacation, but we discovered that my youngest son is scared of the ocean. On a previous trip to the beach, he was surprised by a wave, and he now wants nothing to do with the ocean. So...our vacation was spent taking turns with one son in the water and the other under the umbrella playing in the sand.

But...the trip to and from the beach, along the boardwalk, was one of my favorite parts. Little D would reach up to grab my hand, but because his hand is small...too small to wrap around mine...he would wrap his hand around my finger. And we would walk...finger in hand...to and from the beach. The oldest son waits for no one and runs off ahead, not a care in the world. But the youngest one hangs by my side and holds on to my finger, content. It warms my heart.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds a good bit like my boys.