Saturday, October 18, 2008

Doors

I am knocking on doors today for the Obama campaign. Should be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update: I was scheduled to volunteer between 4 and 6. I went to the Obama headquarters and was then directed to a "staging area." The staging area was the house of a volunteer who had agreed to open her home to volunteers to meet, eat, share notes, etc. Sort of a home-base for volunteers who are out canvassing neighborhoods. So, I went to said house, which happened to be in Loche Raine, where I met some members from Team Two. They compared notes about the people they had met during the day. (Some of them had been canvassing since 10:00am!) Then, we were off for more canvassing. We were sent to the Red Oaks subdivision off of Moody. The group I was with knocked on 15 doors in the neighborhood, but only 5 people answered their door. Everyone was friendly. (These were people who had donated to democrats in the past or who were registered democrats.) We were encouraging them to vote early (starts on the 20th!) and avoid the lines. After that, it was about 6pm, and my volunteer time was over. It was fun and I'd like to do it again. Luke said he's worried I'll run across some racist nutjob who'll try to do me harm, but I doubt it. These are democrats, afterall. :)

No comments: